Sunday, October 9, 2011

It's Hockey Season!

So glad hockey is back. I have some very interesting news: for the first time in my life, I'm now a season ticket holder! Not for the Boston Bruins, unfortunately. I'm a 100-level season ticket holder for the New Jersey Devils. It happened by accident actually. I called to inquire about a mini-game plan for 14 games. As it turned out, doing 14 games + one more game would have cost just $150 less than a full season! So I bit the bullet and took the whole season, hoping that if I sell off some games I can end up paying a bit less than I would have for the mini pack. I've already managed to sell off three games, so I'm well on my way.

Why NJ, and why not NY? Well... the Rangers tickets are not only more expensive, but higher up, and the rink isn't as nice (sorry, but it's the truth!). I love the Prudential Center. The lighting is great, and the 100-level seats are nice. I'm thrilled to be able to get to quite a few games this year. Especially looking forward to seeing the Los Angeles Kings for the first time live in over a decade (they were the team I grew up with, for those that don't know).

This season is going to be great! I am really looking forward to my Boston Bruins working to defend their title. Also, I'm looking forward to seeing the Jets, especially Mark Scheifele. He looks to be quite an exciting player.

In any case, I leave you with a view from my seats. If you're in the NY/NJ area and are looking to attend a particular game, let me know; we might be able to work something out. (Section 117, Row 10, Seat 7)

No comments: